Speaking To The Skills I Have
Speaking to the Skills I Have is a 6-hour workshop (2, 3 hours sessions) for individuals wanting to sharpen their talking points for resumes, networking opportunities and job Interviews.
The goal is for you to be able to tell your story in a way that connects with employers.
In this workshop you will work through a series of reflection activities that focus on identifying and give value to your communicating skills, abilities, and attributes in a way that employers would recognize.
It isn’t enough just to identify one’s skills though. It is equally important to be able to effectively communicate their value to a prospective employer. Skill-building practice is built into this workshop to help you do that.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS WORKSHOP?
- Are in the process of applying for employment
- Are in transition from one type of employment to another and have a concrete employment goal
- Are wanting to enhance their talking points for their resume
- Are wanting to build confidence for networking and job interviews
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT??
- The Speaking to the Skills I Have Workshop runs 2 days – 3 hours each day
- The workshop is highly-interactive with lots of opportunities for reflection, learning, discussion, and practice.
- A certificate will be given to those completing the workshop.
HOW TO REGISTER
There are two ways to register for this workshop:
- speak with your Employment and Income Assistance Case Coordinator;
- speak with your Skills and Employment Partnerships Career Development Consultant;