Communication in the Workplace (CITW)
Communicating in the Workplace is a four-day workshop focused on helping you get the skills employers say they are looking for.
The goal is to help you gain a solid understanding of workplace culture and expectation and to provide you with a variety of opportunities for workplace relevant skill-building practice that will support you in being successful at work.
You will learn about:
- Communicating and Collaborating: Workplace Expectations
- Communicating Effectively: Speaking and Listening
- Being an Active Participant in a Respectful Workplace
- Being an Effective Team Member
- Brushing Up on Inter-Personal Skills
- Putting it All Together: Building Effective Work Habits
Who will benefit from taking this workshop?
- Are getting ready to move into employment or are beginning job search activities
- Would like a better understanding of what to expect in today’s workplace
- Are wanting to brush up on their communication and teamwork skills to be ready for success at work
- Would like to develop their own personal ‘toolkit’ of practical strategies to draw on once on the job
What should I expect?
- The workshop is highly-interactive with lots of opportunities for learning, discussion and practice. A certificate wil be given to those completing all five days of the workshop.
- The Communication in the Workplace workshop runs four days from 9:00am to 3:00pm with two 15-minute breaks and lunch break each day.
Upon completion of the assessment, your Report Summary will be forwarded to the appropriate contact based on your referral. You may be referred to:
Skills and Employment Partnerships (SEP)
If you are referred to SEP, you will be given an appointment to meet with:
- Career Development Consultant (CDC) to discuss your occupational-goals and the supports (such as training) you may need to move forward.
Employment & Income Assistance (EIA)
If you are referred to EIA, you will be recommended to arrange an appointment with your EIA Case Coordinator (CCO) to discuss the steps you will need to move forward.
Upon your request, a copy of your Report Summary can be forwarded to another organization or contact.
HOW TO REGISTER
There are two ways to register for this assessment:
- speak with your Employment and Income Assistance Case Coordinator;
- speak with your Skills and Employment Partnerships Career Development Consultant;