We’re always interested in hearing from values-driven people with Essential Skills knowledge, wisdom, and experience. Send us a resume and a cover letter that lets us know how you’d like to contribute to the advancement of Essential Skills in Manitoba.
To submit a resume, please email email@example.com.
Essential Skills Manitoba is a not-for-profit organization that provides Essential Skills assessment and training. We are seeking qualified candidates for the following position(s):
Essential Skills Instructor/Assessor
Directly reporting to the Operations Manager, the Instructor/Assessor is part of a team responsible for Essential Skills assessment and training. Other duties include the development of lesson plans and assessment tools, report writing, evaluations, and administrative tasks.
- Deliver ES programs and curriculum in collaboration with other ES team members
- Develop classroom exercises to enhance participants’ Essential Skills
- Define student learning objectives based on employer/industry requirements
- Deliver formative and summative evaluations to measure student learning
- Maintain accurate and complete participant records
- Degree in Education or Adult Education, or experience as a Workplace Trainer
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Adult Education
- Experience in group facilitation
- Knowledge and understanding of Essential Skills
- Experience working with diverse, multi-barriered, multi-cultural participants
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong numeracy and computer skills, with sufficient knowledge to help students
- Strong planning and organizational abilities
- Able to prioritize and complete work within a demanding work schedule
- Able to communicate effectively with Case Managers and other colleagues
- Able to connect and correlate Essential Skills to the Workplace
Communication / Presentation Skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in writing reports and business communications
- Able to collaborate with other ES instructors and team members
Please forward your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.