Essential Skills Manitoba is a not-for-profit organization that provides Essential Skills assessment and training. We are seeking qualified candidates for the following position(s):
Learning Management Systems Administrator
The LMS Administrator will be responsible for managing and administering Essential Skills Manitoba’s learning management system along with the hosted content and programs. The role’s responsibilities include coordinating and tracking of all training activities and as well as supporting systems and materials. This position, as part of a team, will provide technical support for delivery and the Learning Management System.
Four years experience administering learning management systems. Preferred experience in either SmarterU or Thinkific. This includes overall system administration and configuration, ongoing maintenance, documentation, troubleshooting, and implementing new features and functionality to support the retention, development, and engagement of our participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES some to include…
- Complete the setup of training courses within system
- Provide first and second level support for all incoming requests via email.
- Provide participants with technical support and problem solving services, e.g., password resets, access issues, etc.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Manage the Learning Management System by creating, uploading, and revising materials as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and continuously improve the administration of the LMS
- Generate reporting as needed
- Coordinate logistics for training events and workshops (venue, equipment, and materials).
- Provide technical support during webinar deliveries
- Working knowledge of LMS administration (3+ years)
- Basic knowledge of information technology.
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience.
- Comfort in moderating live online training through provision of technical support
- Proficient business writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Clear oral and written communication skills – to collaborate with a large team and communicate to multiple levels, globally
- Experience providing LMS support
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Experienced conceptual thinking abilities (vision, problem solving)
- Effective execution (pragmatic, well organized, efficient)
- Bachelor’s degree, an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems including SmarterU and Thinkific.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to understand and break down processes, develop step-by-step procedures, and translate the process to writing and training processes.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to plan for a meet competing deadlines.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 27, 2020.