Essential Skills Manitoba, a not-for-profit organization, who provides Essential Skills assessment and training to Employment and Income Assistance and Training and Employment Services clients, is seeking qualified candidates for the following position(s):
Essential Skills Instructor/Assessor
(4-month Term December 1 – March 31, 2017 w/ possibility of extension)
Directly reporting to the Operations Manager, the instructor/Assessor will be responsible for Essential Skills assessment and training. Other duties will include the development of lesson plans and assessment tools, report writing, and administrative tasks.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have:
- A degree in Education or adult education/EAL training or experience as a Workplace Trainer.
- The ability and experience to demonstrate the relationship between the training and work
- Experience working with diverse, multi-barrier participants.7
- Expertise in Numeracy and Computer Use instruction would be an asset
Please forward your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is November 24, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be
The Essential Skills (ES) Instructor/Assessor is responsible for the delivery and implementation of
Essential Skills based curriculum which includes: ES lesson plans, evaluation processes, classroom
instruction, as well as one-to-one and group-based instruction.
- Delivery of curriculum and programs
- Develop workshop exercises to enhance and/or improve participants’ Essential Skills
- Define student learning objectives based on employer/industry requirements
- Deliver formative and summative evaluations to measure student learning
- Work in coordination with other ES instructors
- Maintain accurate and complete participant records
- Degree in Education or adult education/EAL training or experience as a Workplace Trainer.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Curriculum Delivery and Adult Education
- Knowledge of Essential Skills
- Experience working with multi-barrier participants and those furthest from work
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge incorporating Essential Skills in an employment assistance capacity
- Ability to facilitate groups
- Strong abilities in both oral and written communication, writing reports, business
Correspondence and Presentations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Case Managers and other colleagues
- Strong work ethic, planning, and organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete work within a demanding work schedule
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point and Excel and has
sufficient skills to help clients use electronic resources